Russell v. K Mart et al
For decades, the toy box industry had established standards governing the safety of toy box lids. Several young children had suffocated or partially suffocated when their heads became trapped in an unsupported, hinged lid. KMart sold our client's family a wooden toy box that did not meet the industry standard, and the lid trapped an 11 month-old child for several minutes, causing very severe, permanent brain damage. We achieved a significant seven figure recovery for the child and his family.